Friday, December 28, 2007

The Little Commuter

I hope everyone who reads this (and - heck, why not? - everyone else too) had a great Christmas and is looking forward to a Happy New Year). For myself and The Wife it has been a unique experience, what with the arrival shortly before the end of term of our very own Little Commuter. I won't go into too much detail, lest I start to babble uncontrollably in joy unconfined. Suffice it to say that all of my hopes and fears of the last nine and a half months have been distilled into one tiny being that I both love unconditionally and fear with a kind of awe I have never felt before. He is impossibly perfect.

I saved up my leave so am taking an extended break to take care of my family. I shall be back on the rails at the end of January. In the meantime, no doubt this blog will act as a repository for those moments of epipany that will continue to strike us every time we ponder our creation.

4 Comments:

At 10:11 AM GMT , Blogger DJ Kirkby said...

How wonderful! Congratulations. Isn't being a parent of a velvet skinned baby the most amazing feeling?

 
At 8:16 PM GMT , Blogger Alan said...

Good for you, enjoy it- every minute.
See you when you get back.

 
At 12:14 PM GMT , Blogger Rish said...

Congratulations JD, to both you and The Wife (who I presume had something to do with this).

Catch you soon maybe - if you can't find me then drop me an email and I can come and find you...

 
At 12:56 AM GMT , Blogger ellie said...

Congratulations on the arrival of mini JD. A little miracle in his own packaging :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home