Sunday, September 02, 2007

We'll be stopping here for a while . . .

I've thought long and hard about this, but all good things must come to an end. A change is as good as a rest and all that. I started this blog in June last year, with the intention of recording my experiences commuting to London for one year. I've gone on a bit beyond that point, mainly because of the friends I've made through doing this, and wanting to keep the network going. However, the simple truth is that there are only so many hours in the day and days in the week, and with lots of other stuff going on at the moment the time I get to actually write has been quite substantially reduced.

Now, blogging has been great fun and good discipline in terms of making me sit down and write regularly, but there are a few other writing projects I want to focus on for a little bit - not all of them commuting-related. So, just like Paddy and Rish have previously done, I'm taking a break. I will certainly continue checking in with my friends Paddy, Rish, DJ, Chopski et al, and I'll probably be blogging again before the end of the year. Whether it's this particular blog or a brand new one about some other exciting aspect of my life, we shall have to see. In the meantime, thanks for reading - I really am deeply flattered that people consider my stuff worth reading and indeed worth coming back to. Be good, have fun, be happy, and however you get to work, enjoy the ride.

JD

9 Comments:

At 2:01 PM GMT+1 , Blogger Chris King said...

Best of luck with whatever you do!!

 
At 10:37 AM GMT+1 , Blogger Lucy Ann Wade said...

Hope everything's going well with you!

 
At 6:31 AM GMT+1 , Blogger Momentary Madness said...

First of all let me wish you the very best of luck to you in whatever you do writing or otherwise. I know exactly how you feel. I've reduced my blogging quite a lot. I have found it strange- on week you make a big effort to - painfully - write and you get little feed back and another time you/I put up a song with a few words and it gets just as much of a response.
I think the day for me to pack it in is quite close. Time to move on perhaps.
Sorry I didn't visit more often than I should. I liked your style, your humour- very dry; my kind of thing and very hard to get it across. You seemed to do it with such ease.
Stay in touch if you wish, you don't have to comment as you know you can email me at paddunn@gmail.com
Put JD in the subject so if it goes to spam I can suss it.
Take it easy JD.
Y;-) Paddy

 
At 8:11 PM GMT+1 , Blogger DJ Kirkby said...

JD, I really wish you'd keep on blogging but all the best and good luck with your baby. As a midwife I would be very interested in hearing how you find (enjoy/hate) being a daddy.

 
At 2:38 PM GMT+1 , Blogger savannah said...

take care, sugar...i'll keep you on my blogroll and check in...enjoy and be happy!

 
At 10:34 PM GMT+1 , Blogger Rish said...

JD - I understand you have more important things on your mind at the moment! All the best.

If you are on Facebook, then look me up - I am sure you will be able to find me. I don't think my full name is a secret anymore - Rishab Baruah.

See y'around matey.

 
At 12:02 AM GMT+1 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I come to this party rather late. None-the-less I confess I am sad, and a little disappointed, that I won't have any more blogs to look forward to. Fortunately I am in the lucky position of being able to keep up with your news through other means. But I shall miss the witty and dry observations of life on Londons public transport network. It's been a personal pleasure, and a source of great pride to keep up with you. xx bigsis

 
At 7:30 PM GMT+1 , Blogger Momentary Madness said...

How's goin' JD. I just thought I'd drop by to say hello. Hope you're well.
;-) Paddy

 
At 9:54 PM GMT+1 , Blogger Rish said...

Hello - just to let you know that I am the only Rishab in the West Midlands network, if that helps?

Hope all is going well with you, The Wife, and the little one (assuming that the little one has arrived by now, after a long and slow nine month commute!).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home